By Corina Oliquino | FilAm Star Correspondent
MANILA – Presidential daughter Sara Duterte launched on October 23 the pro-government group, “Tapang at Malasakit Alliance for the Philippines.”
The pro-Duterte alliance aims to unite all Filipinos and to support the political and economic agenda of President Duterte.
“Let’s start by continuing to fight global terrorism by quickly rebuilding Marawi, focus on our poverty that has fueled narco-politicians, set aside our personal politics that has torn our country every time we have a new president,” Sara Duterte said during the launch according to The Philippine Star.
“This is not a part of any campaign to run for any position. It is not about me, it’s not about my political plans. But everybody knows that when you start your political moves for a certain office this early, you know that you would be destroyed. So, this is not about politics. This alliance is for the country,” Sara Duterte added.
“Presidential son Sebastian Duterte, presidential spokesman Ernesto Abella, Foreign Affairs Sec. Alan Peter Cayetano, Energy Sec. Alfonso Cusi, Ilocos Norte Gov. Imee Marcos, Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada, Taguig City Mayor Lani Cayetano, controversial blogger and Communications Assistant Sec. Mocha Uson were also present in the event,” the Philippine Star reported.
New alliance not meant to counter Tindig Pilipinas
On the same event, Sara Duterte refuted claims that her new pro-government alliance is meant to counter cause-oriented group, Tindig Pilipinas.
“No, in fact we are asking them to join us, this is a call for our country, let us support the government,” Sara Duterte told reporters after the launching of “Tapang at Malasakit Alliance for the Philippines” at Bonifacio Global City in Taguig.
In a report by GMA News, Duterte explained that she took the initiative to lead the launching of a pro-Duterte administration coalition as she saw that “many Filipinos are being divided.”
“Some of them are working in the government. Let us turn this country around and do everything for the Philippines kasi napansin ko parang ang nagyayari kasi, Pilipino sa Pilipino na ang nag-aaway,” Duterte said.
“So, dapat ang kalaban natin yung mga kriminal, mga terorista, yung kahirapan, ‘yun yung totoong kalaban natin as Filipinos hindi yung kapwa natin na Filipino. That’s why I took this initiative to call for an alliance, for individual groups to be a positive voice in their respective communities kasi even sila doon sa communities, sila na rin yung nagaaway-away,” Duterte added.
According to GMA News, Mayor Sara Duterte previously referred to the group Tindig Pilipinas as ‘Hunger Games Pilipinas,’ an apparent reference to the three-fingered salute from the Hunger Games novels and films.
“Tindig Pilipinas has been critical of President Rodrigo Duterte’s actions and pronouncements, saying the President had ‘miserably failed to deliver on his promises.’” GMA News reported.
The group also said that President Duterte has become “paranoid and insecure” and also “losing his grip for threatening to establish a revolutionary government.”
“The group also launched a signature drive urging President Duterte to sign a bank secrecy waiver to end doubts on his alleged multi-billion peso bank accounts which he had denied repeatedly,” the report added.
Sara Duterte eyes House seat
In the launching of her new pro-alliance group for her father, Mayor Sara Duterte has repeatedly denied that she will be running for a Senate seat in 2019 but may opt for a seat in the House of Representatives.
In a report by ABS-CBN News, Duterte argues that she will not be using the new group for her political aspirations.
“I do not have plans for running a national post. In the 2019 elections, I have plans for running in the first congressional district of Davao City,” she told reporters in the event.
“Kung tatakbo man akong senador, hindi ako mag-a-announce ngayon. Masyadong maaga. Pero wala talaga,” Duterte told ABS-CBN News.