As enshrined in the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines in its preamble, that all “promote the common good, conserve and develop our patrimony, and secure to ourselves and our posterity the blessing of independence and democracy” as Filipino citizens, and as contained in Republic Act 9225 otherwise known as An Act Making the Citizenship of Philippine Citizens who Acquire Foreign Citizenship Permanent, in the oath of allegiance of applicants acquiring dual citizenship: “…I hereby declare that I recognize and accept the supreme authority of the Philippines and will maintain true faith and allegiance thereto” and to ensure that dignity, respect and solemnity are accorded the oath taking ceremony of dual citizenship applicants, the following procedures shall take effect beginning 03 September 2018, Monday concerning dual citizenship applications:
1. All Dual Citizenship applications will now be accepted and processed using the APPOINTMENT SYSTEM of the Philippine Consulate General in San Francisco;
2. Those who wish to apply for an appointment may secure one through www.sparkconnectempower.com or www.philippinessanfrancisco.org;
3. Appointment slots will open beginning 15 August 2018 for the rest of the calendar year 2018;
4. Two (2) appointment slots per hour will be accepted from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM every day except weekends and declared Philippine and US holidays;
5. Securing an appointment does not mean approval of Dual Citizenship application. For procedures and list of documentary requirements, please visit the following link: https://sparkconnectempower.com/consular-services/dual-citizenship. Failure to present the necessary documents may result in the rejection of the application;
6. Except for out-of-State (Northern California) applicants, ALL dual citizenship applicants upon successful completion of all documentation and procedures will be required to return to the Consulate on Thursday the week after their application for their oath taking ceremony at 8:45 AM, to finalize their applications. To ensure that respect and dignity are accorded this solemn ceremony, all applicants are highly encouraged to wear the proper attire for their oath taking. Those wearing shorts, sandals, slippers and other inappropriate clothing risk not being allowed to take the oath of allegiance;
7. Out-of-State applicants will be allowed to take their oath at the end of business hours on the same day as the filing and processing of their applications, after submitting all required documentation.
For any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.