San Francisco, CA – March 20, 2021 – The GFN Channel proudly announces the release of three new shows premiering this March. The three shows all premier online during the last week of this month, starting with Real Talk with Sabrina Wong on March 25th, Go Pinoy! Show! on March 27th, and Kabayan Seattle on March 29th. These will stream on The GFN Channel’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/GFNChannel .
Arnold Pedrigal, Founder and Executive Producer of The Global Filipino Network Channel, states, “We are very excited to launch these shows that cater not only to Filipino-American viewers, but also to our fellow kababayan around the world”.
“We are very lucky that streaming technology now enables global reach, and we are no longer limited to local areas,” he notes.
The GFN Channel created this streaming channel late last year 2020, in the midst of the raging Covid-19 pandemic that forced the whole world stranded at home with the global enforcement of shelter-in-place.
Due to the pandemic, people have become accustomed to watching videos online. Many livestreaming materials have become valuable sources of information that complements and augments traditional media such as television, radio and podcasts.
The GFN Channel’s online programs’ mission is to convey socially impactful messages and highlight various aspects of the Filipino community including arts and culture, lifestyle, health and wellness, entrepreneurship and professional development, and community-building.
- Real Talk with Sabrina Wong is a program that caters to all walks of life and features discussion of current events, contemporary issues, business, lifestyle and fashion from different parts of the world. Host Sabrina Wong, a former commercial and print model in Asia, will focus on self-improvement, empowerment of striving businesses and raising awareness of important issues. According to Sabrina, she hopes to “do what I do best, and that is a show about, and with, everyday people”. The show is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and premieres March 25, Thursday at 7pm PDT (March 26, Friday at 10am, Manila time).
- GO PINOY! Show! is a pinoy-centric talk show/magazine co-produced by OnQ Talent and The GFN Channel. The show consists of pre-recorded performances and live interviews hosted by Don Mike Mendoza, Artistic Director of La Ti Do, Lora Olaes Nicolas, Actor & Cicero Oca, Talent Manager @OnQNY. The hosts hope the show will bring attention to how Filipino and Filipino-American artists are faring during the COVID-19 pandemic. They also hope this new creative collaboration – Go Pinoy! Show! and their collective voices – provide joy to the whole world, promote camaraderie among global Filipino artists, and raise funds for Filipino artists in need and deeply affected by COVID-19. The show is produced in New York City and premieres March 27, Saturday at 8:30pm EDT (March 28, Sunday at 8:30am, Manila time).
- Kabayan Seattle is a weekly online talk show that highlights trending Filipino community awareness in the metro-Seattle area and across the globe. Hosted by Filipino-Americans Maricres Valdez Castro and Jonah Konop, the show shares inspiring stories from fellow kababayan in their communities, discusses lifestyle topics and upcoming local events. The show is based in Seattle and premieres March 29, Monday at 8pm PDT (March 30, Tuesday at 11am, Manila time).
Several programs currently produced and streamed by The GFN Channel include:
- Vilma, Live in LA! hosted by Vilma de Ramos (produced in Los Angeles)
- Lakbay Ng Buhay hosted by Ronnie Lazala and Bonnie Ball Mendoza (produced in San Francisco and Dubai)
- Upward Living hosted by Michelle Chan and Mars Catan (produced in Manila)
- Pure Wellness hosted by Dr. Jasmine Therese Esguerra (produced in Hawaii)
- Fast Forward hosted by Christina Laskowski (produced in Silicon Valley, California)
A few other shows are planned to premiere in April. One of them is The NorCal Kababayan Show, a spin-off of the Facebook group with the same name – created by Zabrina Cordova who also will host the show along with Marjory Lualhati.
About The Global Filipino Network (GFN) Channel
The GFN Channel is a community-based, purpose-driven online channel founded by Arnold Pedrigal that produces socially impactful, educational, and inspiring programs to serve the global Filipino community, delivered through live streaming via social media platforms. The GFN Channel is one of the three main projects of Global Filipino Network, a non-profit organization based in California.